The Story Edition – Texture Tuesday

Over at Beyond Layers we have been focusing on stories – our own, and photos that tell a story……

Kim asked us to use just six words to express our own story……an idea originally started here at Smith Magazine, where folk were asked to create a six word memoir some years ago for a short period, but it is still going strong.  There are some amazing memoirs – funny, sad, deeply personal, confronting and just plain clever.  Initially I thought I might not be able to do this, but it is truly addictive, I keep counting words, and I have written heaps,  some of which I shall share below.

Once youthfully beautiful, now older wiser

Photo obsessed, happy snapping Canon girl

Promise I’ll stop procrastinating on Monday

Beyond Layers, Challenging creations, like-minded players

etc etc………try it yourself, it is quite thought provoking and fun.

We also had to post a photography with a story – this is mine.

Posting this for Texture Tuesday, Beyond Layers and the Creative Exchange.

Advertisements

12 responses

1. I love this!

I had a chuckle over your six word promise to stop procrastinating on Monday. I can relate…lol.

January 25, 2012 at 11:37 pm

2. Awwww, love both your 6 word memoir (ours is HERE) and the stunning froggy photo! 🙂 Bravo!

January 26, 2012 at 2:06 am

3. Full-on dig this! Really gets a view of the heart of the matter, and your getting around to stop procrastinating on Monday brought a smile,. Thx! I mean, every day ends in “y”, fine so long as it’s not always the (why) question. Monday works. You can always revise that Sunday evening, too. LOL

January 26, 2012 at 3:24 am

4. What a great image this is Sue, and I just love the processing you did on it.
    Just fantastic!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

lisa.

January 26, 2012 at 6:57 am

5. What can I say except “Incredible”

January 26, 2012 at 7:15 am

6. I think you got the answer if you kiss the frog!
    Wonderful!
    Greetings from Hilda

January 26, 2012 at 8:46 am

7. I love all of your 6 word phrases. I can relate to most of them. Cute little froggy and nicely edited.

January 26, 2012 at 10:43 am

8. Gorgeous image…loved reading your 6-word Memoirs

January 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm

9. I am not one for predictability, except I always respond. My primary art is to confound and confuse the intellect, but not the spirit, until it lies down at my feet.

If I am ever going your way and looking for a big garden to wander in I’ll try to remember you and ask if I can call in on my way out, or my way back home. How would I know which until the day? 🙂

There are creatures in Aus that will never be seen if I don’t get out and see them.

January 28, 2012 at 9:35 pm

10. Very creative six word memoir phrases. I have to wrack my brain to come up with one! Lovely photo of the frog in the flower.

January 28, 2012 at 11:09 pm

11. What a cool capture.

February 1, 2012 at 7:54 am

12. Great fun reading your six-word memoirs. Mine is easy: Fitting too much into too little!

February 8, 2012 at 11:04 am

Thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate your time. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s