WordPress Weekly Challenge – Lost in the Detail

This week we are asked to see details in a larger scene – once we have chosen a subject to shoot, then work a little further into the scene.  The example was a landscape – read here – but I have another example which meets the brief.  This year I planted some sunflowers specifically with the intention to photograph them when in flower.  This was the first one which bloomed, and I was very pleased with this shot.  Nice blurred background of a fresh unblemished flower that had not been attacked by bugs etc etc…

20130210-_MG_9001

Then I looked a little closer…..

20130210-_MG_9000

And what did I see?

20130210-_MG_8997

A couple of little Ladybirds and some larvae hiding in the flower’s bracts.  In my opinion, a good example of getting lost in the detail!

Advertisements

18 responses

1. These make me miss Tuscany. A lot.

March 2, 2013 at 7:46 am

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lost In The Details | Flickr Comments

3. Love the lady bugs. My mother has had a plague for 2 years..They procreate rapidly but everyone takes one home for free- great picture!

March 2, 2013 at 10:48 am

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lost in the Details (2 Branches) | What's (in) the picture?

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Lost in the Details | Chittle Chattle

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Lost in the Details | Just Snaps

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lost in the Details | Far Away

8. Pingback: Lost in the Details: Diamonds on the Ground | Beyond Beauty Tips

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lost in the Details – Spanish Revival Architecture | Humbled Pie

10. Pingback: WPC Tibet | What's (in) the picture?

11. Sweet lay bugs living in your flower, beautiful!

March 3, 2013 at 6:33 am

12. Love that second one. The ladybug gives the viewer a little added surprise while admiring the rest of the photo.

March 3, 2013 at 12:51 pm

13. Marcie

What a surprise to see the ladybugs in there. Great find! Great eye!

March 3, 2013 at 8:35 pm

14. So glad you paid attention! Love the bugs.

March 4, 2013 at 3:44 am

15. Beautiful photos, and so glad you get in close enough to see the details.

March 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm

16. Pingback: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 9, 'Lost in the Details']. | 3rdculturechildren

17. What beautiful photographs these are!

March 6, 2013 at 1:56 am

Thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate your time. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s