Koala

Look what I saw near my front gate this morning!

20130103-_MG_7442

20130103-_MG_7439

20130103-_MG_7430

Advertisements

10 responses

1. What a cute little face. 🙂

January 3, 2013 at 1:54 pm

2. How cute! Are they common in the area you live in?

January 3, 2013 at 5:24 pm

• I have lived here about 8 years, and have seen koalas about 5 times. They are certainly present in the bush, and feed on a particular sort of Eucalypt, but they are not commonly seen. They might look soft and cuddly, but they are not at all friendly and scratch and bite anyone who tries to pick them up. They are also quite large…..about the size of a labrador dog, but more solid. Have a look at this for more info – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koala

January 3, 2013 at 5:43 pm

• Yes, I noticed those long claws! Didn’t realise they were that big.

January 3, 2013 at 6:13 pm

3. poppytump

Could do with a brush ! They still look cuddly tho’ don’t they 🙂

January 3, 2013 at 7:31 pm

4. How cute. The only koala we have is a kind of teddy bear in my son’s bedroom or we have to go to the zoo. Nature looks really beautiful in Australia.

January 4, 2013 at 12:34 am

5. What fun to see outside your door! We get a lot of squirrels in our yard, running along the fences and telephone wires. They are cute, but they are rodents!

January 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

6. Oh my goodness, he is absolutely adorable, and how fortunate you were to be able to photograph him!

January 9, 2013 at 4:30 am

• Thanks Lisa, I was indeed lucky to spot him, they are quite timid and certainly not friendly in the wild.

January 10, 2013 at 6:24 am

7. So incredibly cute…. It must be fantastic to have such animals around. Lucky you! 🙂

January 10, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate your time. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s