Texture Tuesday – Celebrate

The Christmas season is almost upon us, and I am sure that most folk will do a Christmas themed image for this week’s topic…….I’m not much enthused about Christmas for a variety of reasons, so my image this week was made as a Birthday Card for a friend who celebrated his 77th birthday recently.  I wanted a masculine looking card, and my gift to him was the bottle of Glenfiddich in the picture – not very original, but really what do you give a gentleman of this age, who already has just about everything he might need!

This photograph has several of Kim Klassen’s textures added to it, but unfortunately I did not make a note of which were used.  Silly me!

I have spent yesterday and most of today in the garden – taking macro shots of any insect I could find.  This little caterpillar was one – it was about 3/4 of an inch long, and very active!  This one has been layered with Kim’s texture Dusty Rose, blended using Multiply at 75% in PSE9.

Remember the song? Originally sung by Danny Kaye in the story of Hans Christian Andersen, and then, of course by the characters on Sesame Street.

I shall post some of the most recent macros tomorrow – more caterpillars, some very very tiny, and some insects I photographed.

Advertisements

6 responses

1. Yes, the song came up as soon as I saw the picture 🙂 and will now be stuck in my head all day.
    Not that I am complaining.
    Love the birthday card.
    Is that bottle open?
    Wouldn’t mind a small taste of the single malt.

December 6, 2011 at 6:06 pm

2. Really lovely texture work! I love the composition and colors on your Birthday card!

December 6, 2011 at 6:17 pm

3. A beautiful way to celebrate your friends birthday, with a very special card put together with such thought. Love that little animated worm from your macro shots too.

December 6, 2011 at 6:18 pm

4. i think that is a perfect way for a “gentleman” to celebrate his birthday, with the very best. a lovely image and great processing. lovely composition. thank you for sharing. karen {visiting from TT}

December 6, 2011 at 7:17 pm

5. Pat

I love your card design!

December 7, 2011 at 1:09 am

6. Pat

Nicely done – I’m sure the gentleman in question will enjoy the liquor as well as the lovely birthday card you’ve made.

December 7, 2011 at 7:42 am

Thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate your time. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s